- BCBSND is a not-for-profit mutual company
- A 13-member board of directors governs the operation of BCBSND
Subscribers and Claims
BCBSND is the largest provider of health care coverage in North Dakota.
- Insures and/or administers claims for about 375,000 people
- 2016 income was $1,080,432,000
- 2016 claims incurred totaled $917,655,000
Awards and Recognition
- 2015 Outstanding Employee Engagement Award from the United Way of Cass-Clay
- 2012 Best Place for Young Professionals to Work Award from Fargo-Moorhead-West Fargo Chamber of Commerce
- Customer-centered company
- Led all Blue Cross and Blue Shield plans in quality assurance ratings for customer service, customer satisfaction and claims accuracy during the second half of 2013.
- Received the National Brand Excellence Award from the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association, recognizing the corporation's achievements in overall performance, eight times since its inception in 1995
Employees and Allied/Subsidiary Companies
- BCBSND and affiliated companies employ more than 2,500 people
- Majority of employees are located in Fargo offices
- More than half of the employees work in Noridian Healthcare Solutions (Medicare claims)
- NHS, LLC, provides administrative services to government agencies and private business
- NHS' largest client is the federal Medicare program
- Noridian Insurance Services, Inc.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Dakota Caring Foundation