- BCBSND is a not-for-profit mutual company
- A 13-member board of directors governs the operation of BCBSND
Subscribers and Claims
BCBSND is the largest provider of health care coverage in North Dakota, serving more than 56 percent of the state's population.
- Insures and/or administers claims for 475,000 people
- 2011 income was $1,027,854,000
- 2011 claims incurred totaled $917,253,000
Awards and Recognition
- 2012 Best Place for Young Professionals to Work Award from Fargo-Moorhead-West Fargo Chamber of Commerce
- Customer-centered company
- Continues to be at or near the top in the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association's Quality Assurance ratings for customer service
- Received the National Brand Excellence Award from the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association, recognizing the corporation's achievements in overall performance, eight times since its inception in 1995
Employees and Allied/Subsidiary Companies
- BCBSND and affiliated companies employ about 1,700 people
- Majority of employees are in the Fargo office
- Nearly half of the employees work in Noridian Healthcare Solutions (Medicare claims)
- NHS, LLC, provides administrative services to government agencies and private business
- NHS's largest client is the federal Medicare program
- The Dental Service Corporation of North Dakota
- North Dakota Vision Services, Inc.
- Noridian Insurance Services, Inc.
- North Dakota Caring Foundation