According to the CDC, the best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus. It’s also important to practice good hygiene and healthy habits. This includes:
- Washing your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer when washing isn’t an option.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you’re sick. That includes staying home from work, school, errands and travel.
- Cover a cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- If you don’t have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve or elbow, not your hands.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces, such as phones, keyboards and doorknobs.
- Get plenty of sleep, be physically active, drink lots of fluids and eat nutritious food.
Visit the CDC for more resources on the COVID-19 outbreak.