The COVID-19 Federal Public Health Emergency (PHE), declared under Section 319 of the Public Health Service Act by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, expires end of day May 11, 2023. This will affect all Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Dakota (BCBSND) Commercial members. These changes do not include Medicaid Expansion or the Federal Employees Program (FEP).
As of May 11, 2023, BCBSND will no longer cover the over-the-counter (OTC) COVID-19 home supply test kits. Providers and members will have one year from the date of service prior to May 12, 2023, to file those claims to meet the claim submission timely filing guidelines.
However, we will cover the COVID-19 related services below at 100% until July 31, 2023:
- In-office and telehealth visits
- In-office visits for testing
- Lab testing
As of August 1, 2023:
- COVID-19 vaccines will follow benefit plan cost shares.
- In-office and telehealth visits for COVID-19 will follow benefit plan cost shares.
- COVID-19 lab testing will also follow benefit plan cost shares.
Watch our Healthcare News Weekly and website for future updates regarding COVID-19 changes.