Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Dakota (BCBSND) regularly develops and revises medical policies in response to rapidly changing medical technology. Our commitment is to update the provider community as medical policies are adopted and/or revised. Benefit determinations are made based on the medical policy in effect at the time of service.
The following medical policies were reviewed by the Internal Medical Policy Committee on September 26, 2018. Please see policy for changes. Medical policies are available at www.bcbsnd.com/web/providers/policies.
Revised medical policies for non-migrated members:
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Obstructive Sleep Apnea for Adults
- Chromosomal Microarray Testing for Developmental Disorders
- Interspinous and Interlaminar Stabilization Distraction Devices
- Meniscal Allograft Transplantation
- Ocular Photodynamic Therapy
- Selective Internal Radiation Therapy Radioembolization
- Hip Arthroscopies
- TMJ Dysfunction
- Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement
Revised medical policies for migrated and non-migrated members:
- Liver Transplants
- Reduction Mammaplasty