In response to rapidly changing medical technology, we regularly develop and revise BCBSND medical policies. We remain committed to update you as medical policies are adopted and/or revised. Benefit determinations are made based on the medical policy in effect at the time of service.
The following medical policies were reviewed by the Internal Medical Policy Committee on May 19, 2020. A comprehensive list of medical policy changes is available on our website.
The following medical policies are new or have been revised:
- AposTherapy System
- Cervical Fusions
- Removal of Benign Skin Lesions
- Tumor Markers
- Urological Supplies
- Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation for Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Balloon Ostial Dilation of the Sinus and Implantable Sinus Stents
- External Counterpulsation (ECP)
- Oncologic Applications of Positron Emission Tomography Scanning
- Speech Generating Devices
- Radiofrequency Ablation and Cryosurgery of Primary or Metastatic Liver Tumors
- Speech Therapy
- Amniotic Membrane and Amniotic Fluid