In May, Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Dakota (BCBSND) provided notice that paper remittances were discontinued and remittances are now located in the Availity Provider Portal. In the Portal, providers have access to view Electronic Remittance Advices (ERAs) and print as needed.
While this is true for most claims, this is not the process for Medicare Crossover claims for non-migrated members. Medicare crossover claims are sent via paper remittance. Migrated Medicare crossover claims are available in the Availity Provider Portal.
ERAs available in the Availity Provider Portal:
- Commercial claims submitted by participating BCBSND providers
- FEP claims submitted by participating BCBSND providers
- Medicare crossover claims for migrated membership
Remittances sent via paper:
- Medicare crossover claims for non-migrated membership
- Most remits for BCBSND non-participating providers