During the COVID-19 pandemic, Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Dakota (BCBSND) is waiving the cost shares for fully insured members who use telehealth RPM services through the end of the emergency declaration period.
RPM is a subcategory of homecare telehealth that allows patients to use mobile medical devices and technology to gather Patient-Generated Health Data (PGHD) and send it to healthcare professionals. Common physiological data that can be collected with RPM programs include vital signs, weight, blood pressure and heart rate.
Billing and coding guidelines:
- CPT/HCPCS codes:
- 99453-99454- Remote monitoring of physiologic parameter(s)
- 99457-99458- Remote physiologic monitoring treatment management services
- NOTE: Only one code can be billed once every thirty days
- Place of service: 02 (Telehealth)
- Modifier: 95 (Telehealth related service)
For additional information on COVID-19 and telehealth related services, please visit the COVID-19 section for providers on the BCBSND website.