Special Enrollment Period
Special enrollment may be available for qualifying major life events.
Outside the annual enrollment period, new or existing customers can request health insurance changes or coverage within 60 days of:
- Getting married
- Adopting or giving birth to a child
- Losing coverage (for example, through divorce, job loss, loss of Medicaid or other program status)
- A change that affects their eligibility for tax credit subsidies
Complete list of qualifying events and special enrollment periods
- Help your customers get a quote and apply
- Agent Support for Individual, Family and Medicare Supplement Coverage is available at 800-280-BLUE (2583)
- Group Broker Support:
- SW North Dakota: Scott Oothoudt at 701-255-5563
- NW North Dakota: Susan Ness at 701-858-5020
- Eastern North Dakota: Chris Kulesa at 701-282-1430
- Member Services is available at 800-342-4718
- Please have the member present to ensure the privacy of their patient health information.
2016 Federal Poverty Guidelines
Federally facilitated marketplaces will use the 2016 guidelines to determine eligibility for Medicaid and CHIP.
The Affordable Care Individual mandate requires most Americans to have health insurance coverage which can only be purchased during the annual enrollment period unless they experience a qualifying life event. The government penalty for being uninsured is a minimum fine of $695 per individual or $2,085 per family or 2.5% of income; whichever is greater.