The economic impact of reform is different for every employer. Your decisions around health care coverage depend on:
Your Company and Existing Benefits
- Number of employees
- Are you required to offer your employees health insurance as a benefit?
- The amount employees contribute toward premiums vs. what you contribute
- Will you need to make salary adjustments to make the coverage affordable?
- Your insurance plan's anniversary date
- How many employees participate in your plan?
- Your grandfathered status
The Characteristics of Your Workforce
- Average income of employees
- Will they be eligible for federal subsidies?
- Demographics of your workforce
- Age, family structure, etc.
- Individual premiums
- How rates on the individual market compare to rates for group pricing
- Penalties and subsidies
- Expect ongoing changes in individual subsidies and employer penalties
Although they cannot offer legal advice, your BCBSND account executive can help you sort through the factors that impact your organization.