BlueCare is a classic, comprehensive health insurance plan with more predictable health care costs. There are three plans available with different coinsurance and deductible levels.
Covers the 10 essential benefits required by the Affordable Care Act:
- Preventive and wellness services as well as chronic disease management
- Prescription drugs
- Maternity and newborn care
- Laboratory services
- Outpatient services
- Emergency services
- Pediatric services, including dental and vision care
- Mental health and substance use disorder services
- Rehabilitative and habilitative services and devices
How it Works
With this classic health insurance plan from Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Dakota (BCBSND), employees:
- Pay the same copayment (copay) each time they visit the doctor or pharmacy.
- Share costs with BCBSND for other services, depending on the BlueCare plan you choose for your employees.
- Makes health care expenses more predictable for you and your employees.
Doctor or specialist visits
Employees pay a copay for the visit and may have to pay additional for extra tests, labwork or other medical services resulting from that visit.
The exception is preventive care, which is covered at 100%. There is no copay and no requirement to meet a deductible.
Prescription drug benefits
Employees are responsible for copays on both generic and name-brand prescription drugs.
Employees pay toward the hospital costs until their deductible is met. After that, BCBSND shares the medical costs (coinsurance) until employees' out-of-pocket maximums are met. Then BCBSND pays all other covered expenses.
All BlueCare plans include HealthyBlue, powered by WebMD. This online center is designed with powerful tools to engage your employees in their health and wellness journey.
View Plan Options and See How They Work
WebMD Health Services is an independent company that assists with the administration of BCBSND's health and wellness programs.