BlueDirect is a consumer-directed health plan where employees manage day-to-day medical expenses and pay lower premiums in return. There are three plans available with different coinsurance and deductible levels.
Covers the 10 essential benefits required by the Affordable Care Act:
- Preventive and wellness services as well as chronic disease management
- Prescription drugs
- Maternity and newborn care
- Laboratory services
- Outpatient services
- Emergency services
- Pediatric services, including dental and vision care
- Mental health and substance use disorder services
- Rehabilitative and habilitative services and devices
How it Works
BlueDirect is a consumer-directed plan that may be used with a Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Puts decision-making power in your employees' hands
- Lower premium than traditional insurance
- Set aside money in an HSA for medical expenses
Benefits of an HSA:
- Employee controls how health care dollars are spent
- Dollars are set aside, tax free
- Employees can use funds now or in the future
- In many cases, employees can earn interest on the money they set aside
Note: Health Savings Accounts (HSAs) are not BCBSND products.
Prescriptions and Hospital Stays
Employees use funds from their HSAs to pay for services and prescriptions.
Preventive care is covered at 100% from the beginning.
Once employees meet their deductibles, the insurance policy kicks in and health care costs are shared with BCBSND.
Once employees meet out-of-pocket maximums, BCBSND pays all covered expenses for the remainder of the year.
All BlueDirect plans include BlueRewards, which gives your employees the chance to earn rewards, like gift cards or merchandise, just for staying physically active and for getting recommended screening for breast, cervical and colorectal cancers. Employees with BlueDirect plans can earn rewards valued at up to $250 per year.
View Plan Options and See How They Work