Disease Management Program
Helps Manage Rare and Complex Conditions
When an employee has a rare or complex disease, things can get complicated. BCBSND's disease management program, in partnership with Accordant, helps those employees live their best lives by equipping them to be proactive in managing specific conditions.
- Know possible health risks and concerns
- Keep motivated to stay in the best of health
- Understand and follow doctors' instructions
- Keep on track with medicines or other treatments
- Find nearby resources to make life easier
- Access specialized nurses by phone, 24/7
- Seizure Disorders
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA)
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Crohn's Disease
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Parkinson's Disease (PD)
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE or Lupus)
- Myasthenia Gravis (MG)
- Sickle Cell Disease (SCD)
- Cystic Fibrosis (CF)
- Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyradiculoneuropathy (CIDP)
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
- Gaucher Disease
Chief Medical Officer, Dr. Eunah Fischer describes how the Rare and Complex Disease Management Program helps you and your doctor ensure you‘re receiving the best care possible.
I have been thinking about starting to run again for some time now. There is often a big difference between thinking about doing something and actually doing it (when I was a kid I thought about becoming a pro athlete, but that never quite materialized). After months of procrastinating, I finally got off the couch last weekend and started running again.