MediQHome Makes Chronic Disease
People who keep a chronic condition under control spend less time in medical facilities and more time participating in life. That's why BCBSND created a chronic disease management program called MediQHome.
You and your employees may never hear MediQHome called by its name in the doctor's office, but it's there, helping doctors collaborate in the care they provide their patients.
A big part of MediQHome is a software system we've provided to doctors across the state, allowing them to:
- Notify you when you are due for specific tests related to your condition
- Securely share important information with others who are involved in your care
- Provide clear instructions on what to do when you leave the office
- Reduce medical errors that result from not knowing about the care other providers have given
Who Can Participate in MediQHome?
Anyone can participate; it's included in BCBSND membership. In fact, if someone is diagnosed with one or more of the following conditions, they automatically enjoy the advantages of this program.
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Chronic heart failure
- Coronary artery disease
- Diabetes mellitus
MediQHome also alerts your care providers when you are due for breast, cervical or colorectal cancer screenings and immunizations.