Have an Employee Expecting?
Take Advantage of Prenatal Plus
There's no such thing as too much support during a pregnancy, which is why BCBSND offers extra tools through the Prenatal Plus program.
When employees enroll in the Prenatal Plus program they'll receive:
- Prenatal care advice
- Guidelines for alcohol and pregnancy
- Help in preventing preterm labor
- Information on taking folic acid
- Help to quit smoking during pregnancy
- A checklist of what to take to the hospital
- Information about caring for a newborn
How do Employees Sign Up?
Advise employees to call after their first prenatal doctor visit. Call 800-342-4718
What if an Employee has a High-Risk Pregnancy?
If an employee is identified as being at increased risk for delivering a premature or low birth-weight baby, they'll receive one-on-one help from a BCBSND case manager to navigate the health care system and increase the likelihood of a healthy pregnancy.