National Energy Center of Excellence
1200 Schafer Street | Bismarck, ND 58501
Wellness works, and it starts here.
Research indicates that a workplace wellness program can improve the health of employees and reduce health care costs while increasing productivity and morale.
Join Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Dakota for a day that's packed with information you can use to build and strengthen your culture of wellness.
Our conference sponsors, Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Dakota and the North Dakota Department of Health, allow us to keep the cost at a fraction of the summit value.
$49 conference fee includes registration, lunch, snacks and vendor fair.
Inspiring advice. Great value.
Corey Martin, MD
- Yale-trained family physician driven to change the delivery of health care and improve the mental and physical health of our communities
- Founder of the Bounce Back Project, a collaboration of health care workers who work to promote health through happiness, and lead physician in Allina Health's response to clinician burnout
- Facilitates resilience retreats across the U.S. and throughout the world
The Science of Gratitude
Scientists have tied gratitude to greater health and happiness and more joy in social relationships at home, at work and in our communities. Dr. Martin offers the scientific perspective on gratitude and techniques that result in improved health, happiness and longevity.
The Power of Social Connections
The quality of our relationships is the best predictor of our long-term health, happiness and longevity. In this talk, learn about the importance of relationships and the detrimental effects loneliness has on our communities and our own mental and physical well-being.
David Hunnicutt, PhD
- One of the nation's most sought-after experts in helping business and health leaders live happier, healthier and more productive lives
- Audiences include the United Nations, Kaiser Permanente, General Motors, Notre Dame University, the National Institutes of Health, the CDC and the Department of the Navy
- Quoted in the Wall Street Journal, MSNBC, Bloomberg Business Week, CBS News, the Boston Globe and Reuters
The Power of Giving: How Giving Changes Us for Good
Packed with evidence-based advice that's simple and easy to use, this presentation provides a wealth of practical ideas, exercises and stories that reveal the power of giving back and how these simple acts of kindness can change our lives, our worksites and our world for the better.
The Believing Brain
Our beliefs are the filters through which we all attempt to make sense of the world around us. And when it comes to maintaining—and improving—our health status, there may be no more powerful lever of change than the beliefs that we hold. Learn how our personal beliefs about our health either help or harm us when it comes to leading meaningful and vibrant lives.