Enroll by January 15 to have coverage start February 1
If you are looking for health insurance coverage that starts in February, you will need to act fast.
You must enroll in a new plan or change plans by Friday, Jan. 15, 2016, to have coverage starting on Feb. 1, 2016.
- You can shop for 2016 insurance coverage on our website, or call us at 1-800-280-BLUE (2583) with any questions.
- Contact one of the hundreds of independent agents who represent Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Dakota across the state. Your insurance agent may be one of them.
- The open enrollment period to enroll in 2016 health insurance began on Nov. 1, 2015, and runs through Jan. 31, 2016.
REQUIREMENT TO HAVE INSURANCE
- The Affordable Care Act, also known as Obamacare, now requires most Americans to have qualifying health insurance coverage, or pay a tax penalty.
- If you do not enroll in qualifying coverage in 2016, you will be subject to tax penalties of up to 2.5 percent of your taxable income.
- Health insurance can get complicated. Here are some Insurance 101 tips to help you get the most out of your new coverage.