Enroll for Medicare supplements that is guaranteed renewable
There are a lot of changes happening for health care coverage, but BCBSND isn't changing. We're working hard to ensure you get the best Medicare supplement coverage to meet your health care needs.
Upcoming Medicare changes
Medicare is making changes to the supplement plans available from insurance carriers. By 2020, some Medicare supplement plans may no longer be available. In advance of these regulations, many insurance carriers are changing their plans. BCBSND is keeping its current plans—plans founded on the same quality coverage we've offered to North Dakotans for over 75 years.
Special enrollment period ends June 30
In light of these upcoming changes, BCBSND is offering a special enrollment period for Medicare eligible seniors. From now until June 30, 2017, you can get a Medicare supplement with:
- A simplified application—only one qualifying question
- Confidence your coverage won't change or cancel that is guaranteed renewable
- Coverage to meet your health care needs now and in the future
- Quality service and support from local, North Dakota service professionals
What does guaranteed renewable mean?
Medicare supplement plans that are guaranteed renewable ensure you will always be able to renew your plan every year—even if the plan will no longer be available for new applicants. So, you will be "grandfathered in" and continue to receive your plan coverage as long as your premium is paid.
Why should I switch?
You don't have to switch coverage, but you may want to consider switching to BCBSND Medicare supplement coverage if your current plan has:
- Rate changes and increases
- Reductions in health coverage expenses
- Elimination of coverage areas
Also, during this special enrollment period, you won't have coverage restrictions or delays based on extensive medical qualifications like you normally would to switch your Medicare supplement coverage.
Even through changing times, BCBSND continues to provide members coverage that meets their health care and financial needs.
When you choose a BCBSND Medicare supplement, you get:
- Assurance your plan is going to cover you today and beyond with affordable rates
- Affordability, with premiums as low as $42.60* per month without losing quality or reliability
- Quality service, support and experience
- Dependability with acceptance from 99 percent of hospitals and medical providers throughout the state and over 85 percent coverage nationwide
- Ease of use with streamlined processes and minimal paperwork
Plus, we're neighbors
More than just a part of our name, North Dakota is our identity—we're from here, and we aren't going anywhere. So, while some insurance companies reduce or eliminate plan options in North Dakota, we're committed to improving your access to health care across the state.
*High deductible plan F starting at $42.60 per month. Original Medicare supplement plans A, C, F, L, and N are also available.
Look for local meetings being held by independent insurance agents or use our Find an Agent tool to discuss Medicare changes and your BCBSND Medicare supplement options.
Compare your Medicare supplement plan options. Our side-by-side comparison chart outlines coverage options to meet your health care needs.