Find an agent to find your Medicare options
Medicare is changing, and you can, too.
Right now, BCBSND has a special enrollment period open through June 30. This is a good opportunity to revisit your Medicare coverage, since everyone has different health care and coverage needs.
So how do you choose the right plan for you? If you're new to Medicare, how do you start?
First, consider working with a licensed BCBSND agent to better understand your Medicare coverage options and which are best suited to your needs—even as your needs shift a bit. Use our online agent finder, where you simply enter your location information and we'll show you a list of available agents near you. You can also search by agent name if you have someone in mind.
Whether you work with an agent or on your own, you'll want to follow these steps:
- Find out the available Medicare plans and supplements. For instance, you'll want to understand Medicare, plus Parts A, B, C and D, and how the prescription drug coverage works.
- Consider your health care needs, such as how often you visit a doctor, your current health, family history health, travel plans, prescription drug use and other factors.
- Understand your coverage choices.
- Balance out-of-pocket expenses with monthly payments to fit your budget.
- Enroll in a plan, and ensure you take full advantage of all its benefits, which may include fitness club memberships, immunizations and annual check-ups.
More helpful info
You can compare BCBSND Medicare supplement plans in this comparison chart.
If you're new to Medicare, please look over our BCBSND Medicare 101 information.