January 31 last day to enroll in 2016 coverage
Do you have health insurance? If not, you must enroll by January 31 to have health insurance coverage in 2016.
Sunday, Jan. 31 is the last day to enroll in 2016 coverage. If you sign up by January 31, your new insurance coverage will start on March 1, 2016.
You can shop for 2016 insurance coverage on our website, or call us at 1-800-280-BLUE (2583) with any questions.
You can also contact one of the hundreds of independent agents who represent Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Dakota across the state. Your insurance agent may be one of them.
OPEN ENROLLMENT PERIOD
- The open enrollment period to enroll in health insurance for 2016 from an insurance company, or through an insurance exchange, runs from November 2015 through January 2016.
- If you do not enroll in coverage during open enrollment, you will not be able to purchase coverage in 2016 unless you experience a qualifying life event.
- If you are currently insured, have insurance through an employer, or a government program, such as Medicare or Medicaid, you are not impacted by open enrollment.
- Most Americans are now required to have qualifying health insurance coverage, or pay a tax penalty.
- If you do not enroll in qualifying coverage in 2016, you will be subject to tax penalties of up to 2.5 percent of your taxable income.
- Health insurance can be confusing. Here are some Insurance 101 tips to help you get the most out of your new coverage.