Learn more about the ACA at employer workshops in August
The Affordable Care Act (ACA) is complex, affecting employers and the benefits they offer to their employees. Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Dakota (BCBSND) wants to provide information to employers to help them better understand how the ACA affects them and to plan their 2016 strategy.
BCBSND will host a series of public forums for employer groups in August throughout the state. Information presented will be geared more for employers with 50 or more FTE employees, and information may not be as relevant for groups of all sizes.
You can register today at HealthReformWorkshopsND.com.
The workshops will cover a variety of topics, including:
- ACA 101: The ACA's complexities affect insurance, and ultimately, employee compensation. Understanding individual and employer incentives created by the ACA allows employers to more fully understand market dynamics.
- Definition of a small group and timing: Certain employer groups currently considered "large" for rating purposes will soon be re-defined as small. The timing varies based on insurance anniversaries, when the group's size was last evaluated and how companies are structured. Understanding how this change affects group renewals and quotes will help the employer prepare and avoid significant disruption.
- Large Employer reporting requirements: This will be a fairly thorough treatment of the data elements required, how BCBSND will partner with both fully insured and self-funded groups and takeaway tasks for employers to complete.
- Minimum Essential Coverage (MEC): Self-funded groups have a reporting responsibility to report coverage information for those covered under your health plan.
We encourage you to attend a workshop near you.
- Monday, Aug. 24, 8:30-11:30 a.m., Alerus Center, Grand Forks
- Monday, Aug. 24, 2:30-5:30 p.m., Lake Region State College, Devils Lake
- Tuesday, Aug. 25, 8:30-11:30 a.m., Holiday Inn Riverside, Minot
- Wednesday, Aug. 26, 8:30-11:30 a.m., Grand Williston Hotel and Conference Center, Williston
- Thursday Aug. 27, 8:30-11:30 a.m., Ramada Inn, Dickinson
- Thursday, Aug 27, 2:30-5:30 p.m. Ramkota Inn, Bismarck
- Friday, Aug 28, 8:30-11:30 a.m., Quality Inn, Jamestown
- Monday, Aug. 31, 1-4 p.m., Holiday Inn, Fargo