Here is an ICD-10 checklist for providers, provided by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS):
- Review ICD-10 information from the CMS, and other sources.
- Coordinate planning and changes needed to comply with switch to ICD-10 codes.
- Create internal ICD-10 project team to handle transition.
- Identify how switch to ICD-10 will impact operations.
- Inform staff of changes, new processes.
- Determine budget impact and secure any needed capital for transition/training.
- Stay in touch with vendors and insurance companies regarding ICD-10 preparation.
- Conduct ICD-10 testing of systems.
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS)
Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Dakota Resources
- August 2015 HealthCare News ICD-10 Special Edition
- ICD-10 Date Span Claims Table
- ICD-10 Professional Date Span Claims Table
- ICD-10 Supplier Date Span Claims Table