MediQHome is based on the Joint Principles of the Patient-Centered Medical Home:
Each patient has an ongoing relationship with a personal physician trained to provide first contact and continuous, comprehensive care.
Physician-Directed Medical Practice
The personal physician leads a team at the practice level to take responsibility for the ongoing care of patients.
Quality and safety are hallmarks of the medical home. The personal physician is responsible to provide for the patient's health care needs or arrange care with other qualified professionals.
Care is coordinated across all elements of the health care system and the patient's community, facilitated by registries, information technology, health information exchange and other available resources.
- Providers advocate for their patients to attain optimal outcomes
- Evidence-based decision support tools guide decision making
- Physicians are accountable for continuous quality improvement
- Patients participate in decision making with providers seeking feedback
- Information technology is used to support patient care, performance measurement, patient education and communication
- Patients and families participate in quality improvement at the practice level
Improved care access is available through open scheduling and multiple communication options.
Payment appropriately recognizes the added value provided to patients who have a patient-centered medical home.
MDdatacor is an independent company assisting in the administration of BCBSND's health and wellness, and care and disease management programs. MDinsight® is a software tool provided by MDdatacor.