Provider Self Service automated phone system
The Provider Self Service automated telephone system provides an additional option for providers to obtain information regarding member eligibility, cost sharing and claim status without having to wait to speak with a provider phone representative.
How to access Provider Self Service
Provider Self Service is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week by dialing the Provider Call Center telephone number (701) 282-1090 or 1-800-368-2312 and following a prompt to go directly to the automated Provider Self Service. Provider Self Service offers an alternative to The Healthcare Online Resource (THOR) or waiting on the phone to speak with a provider service representative.
Provider Self Service options
Using the automated phone system, providers can speak or use the phone keys to key in the provider's NPI code, the member benefit number and the member's date of birth to receive specific member information over the phone. Provider Self Service allows providers after-hours access to patient eligibility information, out-of-pocket coverage amounts, claim status and contact information without having to log into THOR or wait on hold on the phone.
Provider Self Service is not available for BCBSND members in the Federal Employee Program.
Tips for using Provider Self Service
- Follow prompt to go directly to automated Provider Self Service
- Have provider NPI, member's benefit plan number and member's date of birth ready before placing call
- Listen to all information in each section before disconnecting call to avoid missing data
- Avoid using cell phones or speaker phones and limit background noise for best experience
- Numbers with "0" should be pronounced "zero," not "oh" to avoid errors
- Dates should be spoken in full format ("January first, two thousand fourteen")
- For claims, the provider NPI, member's date of birth and claim number is required and must match BCBSND records to proceed
- Additional questions can be answered by opting to talk with a telephone representative from 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. CST Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday and 10:30 a.m-4:30 p.m. Wednesday. Provider Self Service is unavailable between 8 a.m. and noon on Sundays for scheduled maintenance.
Participate in provider survey
We want your feedback. Providers who have used the Provider Self Service tool are asked to complete this brief survey to help us improve the service.