Applications are now open for students to apply for one of twenty-six Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Dakota (BCBSND) Caring Foundation's Health Profession Scholarships. There are sixteen $2,500 nursing scholarships and ten $2,500 scholarships for non-nursing health care related fields.
The Health Profession Scholarship program is now entering its third year of investing in tomorrow’s health professionals. The goal of this program is to help address and strengthen the health care workforce shortage and provide financial assistance to these aspiring students.
To be eligible for consideration for this scholarship, student applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a resident of North Dakota
- Attend a North Dakota university, college or technical college
- Be pursuing a degree in a nursing or health care related field
- Have completed at least their freshman year of undergraduate course work
- Be a full-time graduate or undergraduate student
- Be in good academic standing; maintaining a cumulative GPA of 3.25 or higher
- Demonstrate financial need
Applications are open and will be accepted through October 1, 2020. For more information or to find the application, click here.