Increasing health care costs, rising obesity rates, poor nutrition habits and decreasing physical activity levels are costing employers a bundle.
The costs to your organization
- At least 50% of an organization's health care costs are driven by modifiable lifestyle-related behaviors such as smoking, poor diet and lack of exercise
- Estimated costs associated with lifestyle risk factors incurred by employees with risk factors including smoking, poor diet, high blood pressure and obesity:
- No Risks - $3,094
- 1 Risk - $4,415
- 2 Risks - $5,286
- 3 Risks - $6,275
- 4 Risks - $7,405
The costs to North Dakota
- The Milken Foundation estimates a $2.1 billion loss annually in North Dakota due to lost workdays and decreased productivity
- Modifiable lifestyle choices cost North Dakota more than $550 million annually in medical expenditures
- More than 67% of our residents are overweight or obese
- Nearly 75% do not get regular daily exercise
- Physical inactivity is costing North Dakota $990,448,191
If 5% of North Dakotans became more physically active, it could save an estimated $49,022,441.
Reverse the trends with a worksite wellness program. We'll help you get started.