COVID-19 tests are covered with the exception of occupational health testing, at-home test kits, public health testing, and testing in order to travel or enter the country.
- Previously we only had the exception of occupational health testing. Tests that are covered include rapid COVID testing, molecular testing, pre-operative testing (that is deemed medically necessary) and antigen testing.
- This effects all members – effective March 1, 2020, and is still active.
COVID-19 vaccines are free of charge for members. BCBSND covers the administration of the vaccine, and the federal government covers the cost of the vaccines resulting in no charge for the member. The vaccine is available across the board to all members, including self-funded groups.
Changes that expired as of March 21, 2021:
- Cost-share waiving for COVID-19 treatment, including hospital stays and outpatient treatment
- Early refills on prescriptions (outside of the standard 30- or 60-day refill limitations)
- Extended premium grace period
- Flexibility in eligibility requirements
- Durable Medical Equipment frequency and quantity limits (outside the standard quantity and frequency limits)
- Precertification for the authorization of post-acute/alternative care
Expanded telehealth coverage at 100% for fully insured and individual members. HDHP and non-HDHP plans will return to our standard telehealth coverage effective Jan. 1, 2022.