Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Dakota (BCBSND) is continuing to implement the requirements of the Consolidated Appropriations Act. As part of the mandate, BCBSND is issuing new ID Cards directly to all members.
The mandate requires that health plans issue ID Cards that disclose:
- In-network and out-of-network deductibles (if applicable)
- Any out-of-pocket maximums
- A telephone number and website address through which members may seek assistance
Due to programming complexities, there will be a delay in the shipment of new ID Cards. We want to ensure all members understand, their access to care is not impacted. Both the current and new ID cards are valid at participating providers through 2022.
How to access care:
Currently enrolled employees can continue to use their current ID card to access care or prescriptions prior to their new ID Card arrival.
If an employee does not have a current card or is newly enrolled and needs to access care or prescriptions:
1. Provide your employee with their ‘Member ID’ by accessing the employer portal
1. Call one of our Customer Contact Center (CCC) at 844-363-8457 and ask to be provided your ‘Member ID’
Please note that our CCC is closed on Friday, December 31 to observe New Years
2. Provide your ‘Member ID’ to your healthcare provider or pharmacy
Action required: Our priority is ensuring that your employees have access to care. Please share the above information about how to access care until they receive their new ID card. We ask that you notify your employees, once they receive a new ID card, they should discard their old cards.
Rest assured, we are still meeting the requirements of the mandate by making a good faith effort to issue the ID cards as close to January 1, 2022 (or upon renewal throughout 2022) as possible.