BCBSND will be required to annually report certain air ambulance information to the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) within 90 days of the end of a plan year.
Required information will include:
- Claims data for air ambulance services detailed by:
- Whether services were for emergent or non-emergent care
- Whether the provider of services is part of an independent program or part of some other program
- Whether the services were furnished in a rural or urban area
- Whether the provider of air ambulance services has a contract with the plan to furnish such services
- Any other information requested by HHS
Who it applies to: Fully insured group, self-funded group health plans and individual policies. Does not include grandfathered plans.
Effective date: Plan years beginning on or after Jan. 1, 2022.
Action required: No member or employer group action is required at this time. BCBSND will make the required reporting to HHS.