To sign up for Electronic Funds Transfers (EFT), providers must have successfully enrolled for Electronic Remittance Advice reviewer (ERA) via our Provider Portal, Availity Essentials. Enrollment for access is assigned by the Providers Availity Essentials Administrator.
Providers who participate in all our plans Commercial, Medicaid Expansion and/or NextBlue of North Dakota Medicare Advantage, can only have one bank account on file at a time.
To get enrolled with EFT:
- Log in to Availity Essentials
- Click on the Claims & Payments dropdown
- Select Transaction Enrollment
- Click Enroll
- Follow through the prompts to submit your request
- When inputting the National Provider Identifier (NPI) number, ensure you are using the group NPI, not an individual practitioner's NPI
Providers can check EFT submission progress status at any time by accessing the Transaction Enrollment page within Availity Essentials. EFT applications can take up to 60 days to be reviewed and completed.
Once approved, providers will see the approved EFT status, with a note confirming the EFT effective date. Until that effective date begins, providers will receive paper checks in the mail.
- Any reimbursement for claims submitted prior to the EFT effective date will arrive as paper checks.
- Reimbursement for claims submitted after the EFT effective date will be sent payment electronically.
For additional questions regarding enrolling for an EFT contact Availity Essentials at 1-800-282-4548.