Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Dakota (BCBSND) would like to provide a reminder regarding billing requirements for submitting National Provider Identifier (NPI’s) electronically.
Below are tips to take into consideration to avoid front-end rejections before you contact the Availity Essentials Service Center for assistance.
- Enter the billing and rendering NPI information in the proper fields.
- For claim submissions: If the rendering provider NPI is entered in the billing provider field, when the provider is a part of an organization, it will cause the claim to reject with “Billing provider NPI not found.”
- For claim status inquiries: Using the rendering provider NPI as the billing provider, when you are part of an organization, will populate a response of “Claim Not Found.”
- If the Taxonomy code is not present on the claim, it will cause the claim to be rejected with “Missing taxonomy”.
- For eligibility inquiries: Using the rendering provider NPI as the billing provider, when the provider is a part of an organization, it will populate a response of “Provider not on File.”
If you have tried the above tips and still have questions, contact the Availity Service Center at 1-800-282-4548 or visit www.availity.com to direct message Technical Support 24/7.
Additional resources can be found within the Availity Essentials Learning Center.