An enhancement to our precertification search webpage called PA Checkpoint goes live Jan. 16, 2024.
Precertification, prior approval and prior authorization may be used interchangeably, but will refer to the same process.
The launch of the PA Checkpoint tool will:
- Help providers easily look up procedures before scheduling next appointment to determine if prior authorization is required.
- Help providers notify patients of any precertification requirements connected to their plan of care.
- Provide access to all policies a code may be addressed in.
- Allow providers to spend less time on the phone and more time helping patient.
- Provide a transaction ID reference number.