Medicare Advantage, also known as Medicare Part C, provides a complete package from one source.
Plans include your government-issued benefits—Medicare Part A and Part B—plus additional benefits you might otherwise purchase on your own from private insurance companies. For example, Medicare Advantage plans often include things like:
- Prescription drug coverage (Part D)
- Fitness Programs
- Over-the-counter medications
- Personal emergency response systems
- National and international travel coverage
- Health management assistance