Most of the time your Original Medicare coverage will not include prescription drugs. A Prescription Drug Plan (PDP) from BCBSND will help you cover the cost of your medications.
MedicareBlue Rx offers:
- Coverage for generic, brand name and specialty drugs
- Two plan options: Standard and Premier
- A nationwide pharmacy network
- Lower prescription costs at thousands of preferred pharmacies, including Walmart, CVS and Thrifty White Pharmacy
- Reliable Blue Cross Blue Shield coverage
- Coverage that can be paired with Original Medicare and a Medicare Supplement (Medigap) plan
- Prescription mail order service through CVS Caremark*
*CVS Caremark Part D Services is an independent company providing pharmacy benefit management services.
Will my prescriptions be covered?
MedicareBlue Rx covers a large list of drugs (or formulary), selected for their value and effectiveness. It does not cover every type of prescription drug. If the MedicareBlue Rx formulary does not match your prescriptions, it might not be the best plan for you.
Can I see my estimated Rx costs on your plan?
Yes. Not only will you be able to see if your drug will be covered by checking the formulary, you can also see how much you'll be left to pay when you're covered with one of the BCBSND prescription drug plans.