Your Countdown to Medicare
When are you eligible for Medicare? When should you apply for Medicare? What are your options?
This countdown calendar provides a "to do" list with milestones to keep you on track.
As your eligibility for Medicare draws nearer, it's extremely important that you get every dollar in Medicare benefits you have coming. Here's a checklist of things you can do to get ready for this milestone.
3-6 Months Before You're Eligible for Medicare
Continue learning about Medicare.
Familiarize yourself with the different plans available to supplement your Medicare coverage or to replace it.
- Check out original Medicare supplement plans
- Get to know Medicare Prescription Drug Plans such as MedicareBlue Rx (PDP)
- Review Medicare Advantage plans
1-3 Months Before You're Eligible for Medicare
- You can now apply for Medicare coverage
- Make plans to help fill those "coverage gaps" that Medicare doesn't pay
Plan ahead so your coverage kicks in right away when you become Medicare eligible. We can help you with plan options to enhance your Medicare coverage.
The Month Before You're Eligible for Medicare
- If you haven't done so already, apply for Medicare now so your coverage is in effect the first day of your birth month.