BCBSND Pharmacy Information
Brand name and generic prescription medications or drugs reimbursed at maximum payment levels by BCBSND.
- Drug Formulary List - updated January 2017
- Latest Additions and Deletions - updated January 2017
- Download formulary to your Mobile Device
BCBSND has partnered with Epocrates to deliver formulary and clinical information that providers can download to their mobile device or access over the Internet.
2017 BlueCare, BlueDirect and BlueEssential Formulary - updated March 2017
2016 BlueCare, BlueDirect and BlueEssential Formulary - updated March 2017
Prescription drugs not covered by BCBSND.
Nonpayable Drug List - updated March 2017
Drugs that have a dispensing limit, step therapy requirement and/or require prior approval. If you need to request an override for a dispensing limit or step therapy drug, the override forms can be found on our Forms & Documents page in the Pharmacy section.
- Restricted-Use Prior Approval Drugs - updated April 2017
- Restricted-Use Step Therapy Drugs - updated April 2017
- Restricted-Use Insulin - updated January 2017
- Restricted-Use Drug Dispensing Limits - updated November 2016
Medications or drugs that are generally high cost and may have other considerations such as special administration, limited availability, unique delivery and dispensing, or unique and/or required patient support or monitoring.
Specialty Drug List - updated April 2017
Non-prescription drugs covered by BCBSND when dispensed by a pharmacist upon receipt of a prescription order.
Over-the-Counter Medications List - updated February 2017