BCBSND Pharmacy Information
Brand name and generic prescription medications or drugs reimbursed at maximum payment levels by BCBSND.
- Drug Formulary List - updated January 2018
- Latest Additions and Deletions - updated January 2018
- Download formulary to your Mobile Device
BCBSND has partnered with Epocrates to deliver formulary and clinical information that providers can download to their mobile device or access over the Internet.
2018 BlueCare, BlueDirect and BlueEssential Formulary - updated Feb. 2018
2017 BlueCare, BlueDirect and BlueEssential Formulary - updated Feb. 2018
Prescription drugs not covered by BCBSND.
Nonpayable Drug List - updated January 2018
Drugs that have a dispensing limit, step therapy requirement and/or require prior approval. If you need to request an override for a dispensing limit or step therapy drug, the override forms can be found on our Forms & Documents page in the Pharmacy section.
- Restricted-Use Prior Approval Drugs - updated February 2018
- Restricted-Use Step Therapy Drugs - updated October 2017
- Restricted-Use Insulin - updated January 2017
- Restricted-Use Drug Dispensing Limits - updated January 2018
Medications or drugs that are generally high cost and may have other considerations such as special administration, limited availability, unique delivery and dispensing, or unique and/or required patient support or monitoring.
Specialty Drug List - updated February 2018
HSA Preventive Drug
Drugs covered under a HSA Preventive Drug benefit.
HSA Preventive Drug - updated December 2017
Non-prescription drugs covered by BCBSND when dispensed by a pharmacist upon receipt of a prescription order.
Over-the-Counter Medications List - updated February 2017