Consider this plan if
You want ultimate control over how you spend your health care dollars. This tiered-network plan allows you to choose close-to-home care through the Altru Health System and a Preferred network of providers for the lowest out-of-pocket costs. A broad range of other care options are available, too, at higher costs.
Coverage available for
Individuals and families within 11 northeastern North Dakota counties including Grand Forks, Ramsey, Walsh, Pembina, Benson, Nelson, Cavalier, Towner, Eddy, Griggs and Steele.
The tiered-network plan is available in 11 counties served by Altru Health System and a Preferred network of providers. The provider network is split into four tiers, depending on where you get care.
Tiered networks are designed to help members make smarter choices, including how much they spend on insurance. With a tiered network, out-of-pocket costs are determined by which network a provider is in:
- Preferred Network: Altru Health System and a Preferred network of providers.
- Enhanced Network: North Dakota providers who accept BCBS network coverage.
- Standard Network: Any providers who accept BCBS network coverage.
- Non-Participating Provider: All other providers without BCBS service agreements.
NOTE: Occasionally, Preferred Network providers refer patients to doctors in the Enhanced or Standard network. Those services may be covered if the referral is approved and the provider accepts BCBS insurance plans.
Learn more about tiered-network plans: Tiered Networks: How They Work.
Verify the network level of your favorite doctors
An easy search will help guide your decisions on where to get care within the DakotaBlue | Altru network.
- Search by provider to find their associated network level
- Search by specialty to find available doctors and their associated network level
Search for doctors or specialties.