Expanded coverage for COVID-19
In response to the worldwide COVID-19 pandemic, for those with BCBSND coverage, we’re expanding benefits to include:
Coronavirus testing and treatment
BCBSND will waive cost-sharing for CDC-recommended laboratory COVID-19 testing—that includes co-pays, deductibles and co-insurance.
- In addition, BCBSND will also waive cost-sharing for the office visit associated with COVID-19 testing, including an in-network provider office visit, urgent care center or emergency room visit
- Cost-shares may be waived on a retrospective, case-by-case basis
- Subsequent hospital stays associated with COVID-19 will be covered in accordance with your current health benefit plan
Effective March 10, BCBSND asked pharmacies to refill prescriptions earlier than typically allowed. In addition, most plans allow members to fill maintenance medications for up to a 90-day supply through local or mail-order pharmacies.
- BCBSND asked pharmacies to waive “refill too soon” limits on prescriptions
- In addition, we are working closely with our pharmacy benefit manager, Prime Therapeutics, to monitor a possible shortage of raw materials for prescription drugs. Our pharmacy partner is working directly with our entire network of suppliers, wholesalers, manufacturers and pharmacies (both chains and smaller purchasing entities) to proactively collaborate and identify medication shortages before members are impacted.
Expanded Telehealth Coverage
To lessen the pressure on our health care system during the pandemic, we are expanding coverage for telehealth for all BCBSND members to include video calls, phone calls, email or online chats, including FaceTime or Skype calls.
In addition, we’re covering cost shares for all telehealth visits for Fully Insured and Individual members. Those services may include, but are not limited to:
- Urgent Care Visits
- Office visits for patients
- Physical therapy (PT) plan evaluation
- Occupational therapy (OT) plan evaluation
- Speech therapy (ST) plan evaluation
- Behavioral health and substance use disorder treatment
- Diabetes education
- Nutrition counseling