Enrollment is now limited to those with a qualifying life event
Since passage of the Affordable Care Act, most Americans are required to have health insurance coverage. That coverage is available only during an open enrollment period.
- Open enrollment for 2015 coverage ended February 15, 2015.
- Open enrollment for 2016 coverage is scheduled to open on November 1, 2015.
Once the open enrollment window is closed you cannot buy health insurance coverage unless you experience a major life event.
Major life events may qualify you for a special enrollment period.
Outside the open enrollment period, you can enroll in health insurance within 60 days of:
- Getting married
- Adopting or giving birth to a child
- Losing coverage (for example, through divorce, job loss, loss of Medicaid or other program status)
- A change that affects your eligibility for tax credit subsidies
If you have a qualifying life event and need to change or apply for coverage, call a BCBSND benefits consultant at 800-280-BLUE (2583) or get a quote and apply online now.